Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Why the hell are they taping it this week? Are they scared that fans booing Roman and Goldberg from home will be heard all the way in the PC?

Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:37 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
Why the hell are they taping it this week? Are they scared that fans booing Roman and Goldberg from home will be heard all the way in the PC?
I don’t think they’d be able to do it if Florida issues Stay At Home order. We just need them to hold off until Friday.

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

They'll definitely need to film it ASAP. I don't think DeSantis will wait until Friday to issue the order. He's receiving a lock of backlash for not issuing one yet, on top of the criticism for not closing the beaches ahead of spring break.

WWE is now offering the WWE Network for free, at least some of it. I haven't checked the details, but I saw "vast portion" and "countless PPVs", so it has to exclude some of the content. Still, interesting move.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:08 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

NXT Portland was insane. It was so good Gargano vs Balor wasn’t even in the top half of matches.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:56 pm
New Server, Same X

At least that makes sense why it's being filmed. What does that mean for the future of RAW and Smackdown though? Will they be able to do any more PC shows if the Stay-at-Home order shuts them down?

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:33 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
At least that makes sense why it's being filmed. What does that mean for the future of RAW and Smackdown though? Will they be able to do any more PC shows if the Stay-at-Home order shuts them down?
I think they are filming in-ring promos and stuff like that this week. So they will probably mix those in while continuing to show old matches, probably even a bunch from Mania itself. It's not a great show, but it will keep USA and Fox happy.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:45 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Well... Orange County (Orlando), where the WWE Performance Center is located of course, declared their stay-at-home order. It goes into effect Thursday at 11PM.

Apparently though, WWE will complete their taping of WrestleMania 36 tomorrow, just beating the cutoff. And they'll have taped a week's worth of Raw, Smackdown, NXT and 205 Live before the order goes into effect.

I'm guessing they'll find somewhere else to film, but locations are certainly going to be very, very limited, and probably nigh impossible to find. I know Vince is all about "the show must go on" at whatever the cost, but maybe, just maybe, they should take a few weeks off y'know. Just air old PPVs or some Network programs on USA and FOX for awhile.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

I’m sure they can get it done if everybody is there. Would suck if John Cena’s flight got delayed tomorrow though.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:53 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Dana Brooke is in self-quarantine and skipped the WrestleMania 36 tapings. She was scheduled to be in the SmackDown Women's Title Six-Way Match.

And... Reigns decided to sit out WrestleMania this year, as well as future events, while the coronavirus pandemic continues due to his immune system, so his match with Goldberg won't be taking place. Much respect for Roman.

And I'm guessing Goldberg will go without an opponent. Unless they quickly picked someone who was still in the area from earlier today and had Goldberg squash them before they wrapped up filming.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

What a time to be alive

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:21 am
The Kramer

Can’t blame Roman at all.

I hope Matt Riddle steps up to take his place.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:27 am
New Server, Same X

Unless you want Riddle getting squashed by Goldberg, I don't think that's wise.

At this point, they probably should have just renamed this a SuperShow or something. The WWE history books are going to look so weird when it comes to Wrestlemania 36.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:06 pm
The Kramer

Braun Strowman gets the title match. Will he finally go over?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:36 pm
New Server, Same X

Oh no. WWE has ascended to the next level. Using their lack of a live audience to have Elias fall 25 feet onto bare cement.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:20 pm
100% That Bitch

Lol.

I feel it's time for WWE to go wild and slay this. Before they're forced to shut everything down!

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:22 pm
New Server, Same X

On the flip side of that sentiment, I rewatched Seth cashing in on Brock and Roman at WM32. It's moments like that that make me miss the audience.

Also, Wrestlemania 30 is being shown in Canada right now and Lesnar just beat The Undertaker. Forget that it was a waste of the streak ending. That moment and the air getting sucked out of every fan in attendance is still amazing.

Too bad Taker had that ugly landing strip on top of his head for hair.

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:01 pm
The Kramer

I’d rather Taker have kept his streak, but I’d also say they’ve made the most of Brock being the one to do it. That and the Cena squash gave WWE a decade worth of main events. Even if those main events are mostly the same. :P

Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:41 pm
New Server, Same X

I've been dying for Undertaker to come back as the American Badass, and now we get it at the tail-end of his career? I'm mixed on it. I think he should retire as the Dead Man, but I'm also into him being closer to his real self as he nears retirement, like the older badass with a little more fight left in him. The promo last night was awesome (most of the promos were).

I'm not at all into bringing up Michelle McCool. I feel that dilutes Undertaker a lot right now. Makes the whole thing a bit sillier. And we already have the "wrestler wife" angle with Edge and Orton.

Also, why the hell are they still advertising Roman Reigns for Wrestlemania? What's the point? And if it's Braun Strowman replacing Reigns, look forward to Goldberg being champion until Summerslam now. They aren't going to suddenly give Strowman a WWE Universal title run.

Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:37 pm
100% That Bitch

WrestleMania fell apart because of WWE's Stupidity.

I'm watching this shit all the way but more in a Trainwreck can't look away mess than actual interest

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:14 pm
New Server, Same X

Ok I've accepted all these changes to Wrestlemania, but now it's gone too far: The Smackdown Tag Team Championships will now be contested in a triple threat singles match. :P John Morrison vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jimmy Uso. Which is also a clear indicator of how far Kofi fell in a year. Heck, in six months.

Love that they made so little fanfare about Braun replacing Roman. Feel so bad for him, he had such potential a few years ago but he's going to job to Goldberg in about three minutes.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:04 pm
The Kramer

I’m so happy Mania is still going on, despite all the obvious issues. Will be the best Mania in years even if it sucks.

Also, so happy I picked last years Mania to attend instead of this one!

Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:06 pm
100% That Bitch

Yaaaassss my queen Alexa has championship gold again!
Also dead at Shayna losing. Buring your entire women's division for that match? LMFAO

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:26 pm
100% That Bitch

Nothing is topping that Taker/AjStyles match. I haven't been this entertained by anything WWE has done in AGES.

This is some B- type of good shit.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:09 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I guess I'll have to watch WrestleMania now. :wink:

Seems like they actually booked night 1 very well.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

I mean I liked it enough. The ladder, Alexa being the face goddess she can be and then the taker/AJ Styles match which was amazing and can't describe as other that.... Western horror?. It's a great night of Mania

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184 ... 235  Next