Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
Top Poster

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Anyone else getting in on some WWE stock this week with this Peacock announcement, before they announcing their Q4 and 2020 results next week? It’s not as sexy as the tech stocks, but i expect it to give good return in as non-wrestling public starts to realize how much more profitable WWE has gotten since shifting away from live touring.

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Top Poster

Very detailed transcript of Brodie Lee’s timeline:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/ ... odie_lees/

With her mentioning about Big E being Brodie Lee Jr.’s favorite wrestler, it now seems like the timing of Big E’s Intercontinental Title win on Christmas (taped 12/22) served to give Brodie Lee Jr. another feel-good moment.

Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:07 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Around post Extreme Rules:

I enjoyed the Big Show having a surprisingly big role for a month, not sure if it was cause they needed a fill in after Edge injury or Netflix viewers, but he really sold the storyline with Orton well. Probably was inspired by legit real life history.

Bayley/Banks seem everywhere right now and deserve it, arrogant Bayley is killing it. The women's tag belt is easily the best tag belt right now. I'm also high on the Monday Night Messiah gimmick at the moment, the whole "greater good" motivation an excuse for everything you do makes a lot of sense for evil people. No doubt Rollins is an A-hole in real life, he's clearly better as a heel. Rey Mysterio's comeback has to be one of the best among older guys in recent years, far from just riding nostalgia he has added legit chapters to his career and deserved his spots with Brock, Rollins, Andrade, etc.

I like face Ruby Riott as the outcast standing up to bullies, I hope they give her another push.

I'm not sure if he had that kind of potential or not, but if Matt Riddle became a big star and Vince tried to make him his next Cena or Reigns, the bro thing would be probably be his Dr of Thugonomics.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:17 am
The Kramer

Alex Y. wrote:
Anyone else getting in on some WWE stock this week with this Peacock announcement, before they announcing their Q4 and 2020 results next week? It’s not as sexy as the tech stocks, but i expect it to give good return in as non-wrestling public starts to realize how much more profitable WWE has gotten since shifting away from live touring.
I have a few, but remember that the stock market is a meme right now. Just because a company made a few billion dollars and gave their fans Peacock for free doesn’t mean it’ll go up until reddit says so lol.

Nice match between Jungle Boy and Dax Harwood on dynamite. Also very cool that they seem to have booked Shaq for Revolution. Big time get, and this card already had a pair of blockbusters with Mox v Omega 3: Into The Wrestleverse and the return of Sting. Big $$$ coming for AEW.

Hyped for the Rumble too. I like that there is no clear winner.

I’ll predict Daniel Bryan for mens and Bianca Belair for the womens. This is based on the assumption that Drew retains against Goldberg and takes on his good pal Sheamus on Mania. If Goldberg wins ... chaos.

Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:20 am
New Server, Same X

I mean... Goldberg is winning right? If he's not, why not have him enter #30 in the Rumble and win it, then face Drew at Mania. What's the benefit to WWE or Goldberg if he isn't there at Mania?

I'm more or less fine with another Kevin Owens match for Reigns. We all know Reigns isn't dropping the title at the Rumble. Good chance he isn't dropping it at Mania either.

Bianca Belair is the favorite to win the Rumble now... so it'll probably be Charlotte again. Cause some friction between her and Asuka. I mean, the odds are low on a Charlotte win, but she shouldn't have won last year either.

I can see Daniel Bryan winning the Rumble and losing to Reigns at Mania. Would be an easy way to keep the title on Reigns and set up someone else down the road. But they also keep bringing up Daniel hasn't won the Rumble, so again... don't do the obvious. I would root for Big E or Shinsuke to win it, but honestly, I'm more than certain Reigns won't be dropping the title at Mania so I don't want to see someone deserving win it.

Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:06 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I agree. As dumb as it is, Goldberg winning the title is pretty close to a certainty. Hopefully not, of course, but...

I don't know who the hell they'll have him up against to lose to at Mania though. They haven't had a triple threat or four way for the title at Mania in a while have they? Just have him spear everyone in a triple threat/four way at the start, then have someone take him out of the match with an "injury" shortly afterwards until the final few minutes of the match. Then he can return to get a jackhammer or two in before whoever pins whoever else to win the title (thus saving Goldberg face).

I'd be rooting for a scenario like that since a one-on-one with Goldberg is awful. It's bad when Lesnar (in recent years) is 10x the performer you are.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

The only bright light I can see with Goldberg is that he loses to Drew and then Roman next month
, setting up a retirement match at Mania againnst some mid-carder so he can go out on top.

Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:43 pm
New Server, Same X

Another reason I think Goldberg winning tonight is a certainty is that if he was going to have a title match and lose, why wouldn't they put him against the heel? The one with the same finisher as him.

Plus didn't Drew say he's dedicating this match to those battling COVID or something along those lines? Feel like that wasn't a planned line and was a dig at WWE.

If Drew loses tonight, I'd be pissed if I were him. He's pushed through to become a top guy after the craziest year in wrestling ever for everyone. Just to drop it unceremoniously to the guy who helped WCW beat WWE in the 90s for almost two years.

Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:50 am
The Kramer

What if: Goldberg challenges Roman at the Chamber of Elimination. Next night Roman comes and says "Now I'm the master of the spear" but not so fast cause ON THIS DAY, I SEE CLEARLY, EVERYTHING HAS COME TO LIGHT.

Thinking about it, Roman v Edge for the title would be the huge megamania event that they need.

Does it rule out Bryan winning the rumble? I dunno, I could still see him taking on McIntyre in the night one main event. And Edge winning (especially from the #2 spot) takes away from the surprise of my "Master of the Spear" fantasy booking.

And there is one Goldberg program everyone wants to see - one with Matt Riddle. A one on one squash is more likely but I'd 100% be a fan of them teaming up to become Broberg and take on The Hurt Business at Mania.

Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:46 pm
The Kramer

Yep we have an Edge v Roman Reigns main event for the first Peacock Mania. Smart move. I feel bad for Bryan but I like this better.

Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:58 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Good call on Drew winning and setting up a match with Sheamus.

Rhea Ripley is now listed on the WWE roster, so I'm guessing she'll appear on Smackdown this Friday.

I'm guessing Charlotte will wrap up her feud with Evans before Mania, and then challenge Asuka for the title at Mania?

Also... Carlito? He's fine and everything, just a random return that looks to be full time for at least a while. No apples allowed in this era though!

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:16 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mister Ecks said on Oct. 20th, 2020 wrote:
I genuinely had no idea Lars Sullivan was still there. Vince must love him, this is his third attempt at the same tired gimmick.

Corpse said on Oct. 20th, 2020 wrote:
Lars Sullivan probably won't last the year.

:funny:

Prediction on when he'll get his fourth return?

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Thoughts:

-Baffled at Goldberg losing to Drew, especially in the opening match of the Rumble. I mean... if Goldberg is going to play babyface and put someone over, why not Roman? I'm glad for Kevin Owens, but their feud is going long with no payoff for Owens (did he really give a stunner to Roman last night, effectively lengthening their feud?). Goldberg and Roman made sense. And they even have history. So... why feed Goldberg to Drew? I feel like there was more to it, but ultimately it was lose somewhere. Good for Drew, he deserved the win.

-The two best winners took it at the Rumble. Glad Bianca Belair may finally get a push, while I was lukewarm to Edge being involved in the title picture, but I'm digging this angle that he never lost the title a decade ago. Very much a last stand in Edge's career to regain the gold, as his in-ring run pushes inevitably towards permanent retirement sooner rather than later.

-I'd be more into Drew and Sheamus feuding if their status as besties wasn't just introduced like a month ago. It's nice to see Sheamus get another push, but there are a dozen guys who should have a title match by now.

-I'm curious if The Miz cashes in soon and actually wins a title. I'd be excited about it if they hadn't made Miz and Morrison out to be guys that get beat up by guys like Strowman.

-Lars Sullivan. LOL. I feel like he's too volatile and unstable to rehire. That indestructible monster gimmick doesn't really work anymore. They put Braun through that too, but he was better when he grew past that.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:56 pm
New Server, Same X

More shit to say:

-Why the hell do they keep splitting up teams? They split up Peyton Royce and Billie Kay, for Peyton to team with Lacey Evans (until that awful Ric Flair angle) and Billie to keep chasing a new partner/team. They split up Otis and Tucker to stick Otis with Chad Gable, and put Tucker in that group of guys who have been chasing R-Truth for two years for a meaningless title. Now they keep threatening to split up The Hurt Business. Why? They aren't pushed as a main-event group, but it's probably the best we've seen for any of them during their WWE runs. Keep them together, give them a better run.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:04 pm
The Kramer

Rumor has it that the fractions within the Hurt Business will lead to Cedric being replaced by Carlito, forming an entirely Ruthless Agression/PG Era stable.

Which .. is fine? I guess.

The IIconics breakup still hurts. Billie Kay was the star of the first half of the rumble, yet they throw her out right after Peyton came in.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:10 pm
The Kramer

Also, I think AEW is making a huge blunder by giving the Shaq match away on Dynamite. Lamar Odom v Aaron Carter just got a celebrity boxing match booked for the summer cause this shit is huge right now. People who don't even watch the show might drop $50 for Shaq, in fact I'm sure they would. Being on Dynamite just makes the entire thing feel like a plug for the NBA All Star Game rather than an epic showdown.

But AEW won me back quick with that awesome six man tag main event and then boom! Kenta/Hideo Itami expands the Wrestling Multiverse further, breaking national quarantines to do it!

Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:13 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

So... Nia Jax. Major oversell of missing the leg drop on the apron last night.

Intended to get a laugh out of people, or something more? It drew a "did she just say what I thought she said" moment when I was watching, but now it's funny?

"MY HOLE!" has also been trending for 12 hours now. New "Austin 3:16"? WWE and Nia could make bank off "MY HOLE!" merchandise.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:24 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

And just saw this. R-Truth... :funny:

Glad I tuned in last night.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Kayfabe question: What have Jeff Hardy and Miz done lately to deserve shots at the world title?

Non Kayfabe: Why not just book a different elimination chamber match? Smackdown side has a much more logical six, and even if they’re gonna have Roman inside the EC too I still think there was a better way. Could have had Lashley dominate a US title EC or do a #1 contender with Sheamus actually earning his place in a future main event.

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:54 pm
The Kramer

Fair is fair, also have to question why Joey Janela was entitled to a TNT title shot?

Otherwise good episode of Dynamite. The story with Hangman and Matt Hardy was very funny, first with the entire Dark Order having to watch the two agree to go out then Hangman switching the contracts. The women’s tournament is off to a good start. Hopefully it finally gets us to Shida v Baker. The Acclaimed had a breakout performance both on the mic and ring after showing promise the last few weeks. And the tag main event was a lot of fun. Kenta looks like a star in the multiverse.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:07 am
The Kramer

Not sure if it will lead anywhere but I’m liking the continuation of Cesaro’s push. Would love to see him as the eventual Roman-Slayer, but sometime in the summer cause we need more than another month of Heel Roman as champ.

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:11 pm
The Kramer

An excellent Takeover! Felt like the old days where they go 5/5 on fun matches and advance storylines that make me want to watch the weekly show. What is Roddy gonna do? I have to know!

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:06 am
Devil's Advocate

Keith Lee immediately feels like a star after getting called up, he just stands out, body type, unique style of talking, great face, etc. I wasn't expecting to be more impressed by him as a promo than in the ring where they made him wrestle like the Big Show his first few weeks for some reason instead of doing much athletic. I will say though I might not be as interested in NXT if they build it around "quadruple A" wrestlers that have already faced each other so many times like Gargano/Ciampa/Balor/Cole (not that they wouldn't do good on main roster, but Vince is probably projecting midcard or tag team vs carrying NXT ratings). I like the cycle of calling everyone up after their title run and then refreshing it with new guys, some cool unexpected cycles like Andrade as champion wouldn't have happened without that. Before AEW by late 2020 the "core four" would be gone while title picture is Lee/Riddle or something. On the other hand 2020 obviously should've been the year of Velveteen Dream as NXT champion but he messed it up, plus their new champion Cross got injured.

I wish they let Shayna Bazler be a face for longer since she probably has most Stone Cold potential of the females, her and Nia is fun though.

I thought the Hurt Business was the weakest part of the show for months, but they had at least one badass moment when Retribution was attacking and their new music hit to come out to fight them

I feel like if Rollins and Rey Mysterio face each other 2-3 years from now it will still feel like their characters are arch enemies for life, that's a sign of a feud that did its job.

Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:42 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
An excellent Takeover! Felt like the old days where they go 5/5 on fun matches and advance storylines that make me want to watch the weekly show. What is Roddy gonna do? I have to know!

Indeed. Wished the Women's Title match was a little longer, but great show.

Just saw on Twitter that Jim Ross called Omega the WWE Champion. If only JR, if only.

Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:01 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

So WWE really did drop the illusion last night that Roman COULD lose the title on Sunday and Edge COULD choose a different champion from Roman, eh?

Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 235  Next