Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
I still don't get why you go with Charlotte to win the Royal Rumble. Especially when Shayna Baszler was there. Have her win and set up Shayna vs. Becky at Wrestlemania. Unless Ronda Rousey factors into this at all, it makes sense to set that match up.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:06 pm
The Kramer

Mister Ecks wrote:
I still don't get why you go with Charlotte to win the Royal Rumble. Especially when Shayna Baszler was there. Have her win and set up Shayna vs. Becky at Wrestlemania. Unless Ronda Rousey factors into this at all, it makes sense to set that match up.
To give NXT the ratings boost? They must see Rhea as the future star of the division to give her such a huge matchup at Mania.

Shayna definitely should have won anyways though. Then you get the NXT boost and the Becky Lynch boost.

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:57 pm
New Server, Same X

Yes I didn't realize Charlotte vs. Rhea Ripley was on the table. Which is ideal, if it wasn't for the NXT Women's Championship. I'm not a fan of sending WWE people to NXT. I guess it kind of worked for Finn Balor, but Charlotte? I'm sure she'll put Ripley over. But still, bad enough going between RAW and Smackdown, but NXT?

Also Vince McMahon must have a dog food fetish.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:50 pm
The Kramer

I just hope it means we are done with the Reigns and Corbin feud - though they still seem destined to be the final two in the elimination chamber.

Last edited by Flava'd vs The World on Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

The Mandy and Otis story is my favorite in the past couple of years.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I just hope it means we are done with the Reigns and Corbin feud - though they still seem destined to be the final two in the elimination chamber.

I feel like this is some knockoff, Z-grade, dollar store version of Rock and Austin to Vince. Like it'll just keep going forever, back and forth. They'll drift to other feuds and always come back to each other.

Who else do you even put Baron against?

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:58 pm
100% That Bitch

They're still gonna fight at their latest ppv?

oh god.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:20 pm
New Server, Same X

I swear. If they have Goldberg win the Universal Championship at Super Showdown and set up The Battle of the Spears with Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania...

I mean they really can't have Goldberg beat The Fiend, can they? Can they? Someone assure me that isn't going to happen.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:33 pm
100% That Bitch

They had Goldberg beat Lesnar...

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:11 pm
The Kramer

Nah they are just building about The Fiend for Roman to conquer. It always has to be Roman.

Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:04 pm
New Server, Same X

Both scenarios suck, but at least someone beating The Fiend at Wrestlemania makes sense, not a senseless squash match in Saudi Arabia, which I feel 50/50 can happen.

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:46 am
The Kramer

Bray v Hogan at Mania???

Tag team title match was really good on Dynamite this week. I assume they will face the Bucks at Revolution now.

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:06 pm
The Kramer

Fantastic Takeover, one of their best. Only match that wasn’t an A was the main event. Lee v Djikovic and Gargano v Balor are both match of the year candidates.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:23 pm
100% That Bitch

Loooooved everything last night, the only thing that hurt it was the no selling in the main event

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:23 pm
New Server, Same X

Am I the only one horribly bored by this overstuffed feud between Rollins/AOP/Buddy Murphy and KO/Joe/Viking Raiders? It's basically a RAW rehash of the Reigns/Usos and Corbin/Roode/Ziggler feud. And they're turning Seth Rollins into Randy Orton. And that's not a good thing. Orton has some terrific highs in his career, but he also has a lot of "Well, what do we do with Orton now?" moments and that's how I feel with throwing Rollins with AOP and Buddy Murphy.

I feel bad for Rollins. He sucked as a face, and now I'm not even into the heel Rollins. It's better, but not much. I don't even know how to go forward with him.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:28 am
100% That Bitch

But they have tried everything so far with him (and Reigns) to make them the #1 guy of the company. But they just can't create a new Cena/Rock/Austin

They should just let Becky run for it and use her as a transition while they find their next big star

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:07 pm
The Kramer

I think we've learned that many fans don't want a main guy in WWE. They want a constantly rotating cast at the top of the card.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:41 pm
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
But they have tried everything so far with him (and Reigns) to make them the #1 guy of the company. But they just can't create a new Cena/Rock/Austin

They should just let Becky run for it and use her as a transition while they find their next big star

I'd be curious to know the breakdown on merch sales, ticket sales, etc. based on Becky Lynch. Because I could easily see her being the biggest star in the company.

Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:38 am
New Server, Same X

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
I think we've learned that many fans don't want a main guy in WWE. They want a constantly rotating cast at the top of the card.

100%. I feel like Drew McIntyre is going to slowly get a mixed reaction going into Wrestlemania. Although some blame goes to WWE. I don't know why they feel the need to make their top face guys into comedy acts. He should still be deadly serious right now, just with a babyface tinge. Kind of like Orton when he turns face (every six months).

Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:40 am
New Server, Same X

Looking over Goldberg's original run as well as his return, he has basically only put over top names: Triple H in 2003, Brock Lesnar in 2017 and The Undertaker in 2019. No one that could use a win over Goldberg. It would be nice to see him put over Bray at Super Showdown. With getting the upperhand on Smackdown, one has to assume the guy with the momentum going into the event is going to lose, but who knows with Vince. I don't think I can go for Brock and Goldberg being the top champions going into Wrestlemania.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

:sideroll: :sideroll: :sideroll: :sideroll: :sideroll: :sideroll:

I didn't watch, thank god, but it was apparently a squash match based on what I've read too! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

If Goldberg's WrestleMania opponent is Cena, and WWE uses that as their way for Cena to break Flair's record, I'd find that at least... "mildly entertaining". But if it's Reigns... Bloody hell. I like Reigns, but c'mon.

And... I'm probably not going to even watch this year's WrestleMania. Not out of boycotting or anything, the card is just looking really, really bad.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

.... They did it. The bastards actually did it. So Spear v Spear is our Mania Main Event and The Fiend, the best thing they’ve done in a year, loses all his steam ... again in an effort to have Spear v Spear as our Mania main event. Nostalgia isn’t the only reason people watch these things but whatever, at least we have still have Takeover.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:31 pm
New Server, Same X

People can say all they want that "It's Wrestlemania season, what did you expect?" but no. Goldberg wrestling at Wrestlemania is an event itself. I will be the first to admit that. But I cannot for the life of me understand the logic behind giving him another title. It's so fucking unnecessary and sickening to watch.

What is gained here? If it's him against Cena, he'll be trading off the title to someone that hasn't been there in a full-time capacity in a while now. Good for Cena. But fuck that.

If it's him against Roman, the "smarter" of the two choices, it continues WWE's longstanding tradition of trying against all odds to make Roman a star. They honestly think that this match will be epic. Worst case, Goldberg is booed out of the building, so Roman will have to get the babyface reaction right? Well what if neither gets the reaction WWE wants? Even if Roman gets a good reaction, unless you do something different with him, he'll be back to square one again by May.

The Fiend had to lose eventually. I was resigned to it being at Wrestlemania. It has to be shown what will happen to him when he loses and if he can keep the character going with a Win-Loss record. But... to fucking Goldberg man? Seriously? A dude that hasn't had to earn his spot in professional wrestling, he just looked good and that's it. He can't wrestle, he can't properly put anyone over. He's made what, a dozen appearances since returning a few years ago, including two title runs. And in those times he came out to the ring with blood pouring down his face from... knocking his head unnecessarily against the door? And of course he concussed himself last year against The Undertaker. And this is the Universal Champion now.

Part-timers can come and go as they please and collect their blood money, but don't give them titles. They can sell themselves without a title involved. And what more is there to say? I'll keep watching and I'll keep complaining, just as WWE intends.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:01 pm
New Server, Same X

This bad decision making can be traced back to The Fiend winning the title at the last Saudi Arabia event. Too fast, too soon. He should have been kept as an event for a while, not coming out every single week, building a few noteworthy feuds. But they forced him into the title picture after ONE match against Balor at Summerslam. That was their first mistake. This one I'm afraid is not fixable.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm
100% That Bitch

Lololololololololololololol

All I have to say is these cunts actually pulled the trigger. I can't believe it

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181 ... 235  Next