Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 5879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 236  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
100% That Bitch

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Corpse wrote:
Forgot that Bayley held the Raw's title. Well... Asuka has won the Royale Rumble and Money in the Bank, so her list of accomplishments is a bit better. Not to turn it into a competition (it's WWE), of course, but I'm glad Asuka has been given the opportunity to achieve so much despite the language (or even speech) barrier which so often undermines top talent in the company.

Because she's just so good she doesn't need to speak. You can tell everything by her body language.

Also. The Last Ride is the best thing WWE has done overall in years.

It's a legit A+ docuseries

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri May 15, 2020 10:53 pm
New Server, Same X

I'm anxious to start watching The Last Ride. Have you seen his interview with Stone Cold? Not as strong as I wanted it to be, it's going to be hard for him to fully encompass his career in such a short amount of time, but it's still great seeing him talk as himself now.

Sat May 16, 2020 12:59 pm
The Kramer

I want to watch it too, but I never like any of the WWE docuseries. They are always a mix of Behind the Music and propaganda, neither of which I care for.

Sat May 16, 2020 2:51 pm
100% That Bitch

You won't be disappointed, it's legit the best thing they've ever done for the network

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun May 17, 2020 3:32 am
New Server, Same X

Jim Cornette's comments on Becky Lynch are further proof why a man in his 50s with the extensive knowledge and experience in wrestling he possesses cannot keep a steady job with any major promoter for the last decade.

Tue May 19, 2020 2:12 pm
100% That Bitch

Episode 2 of the last ride gave me a new sight of Taker and McMahon. It's just wow.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue May 19, 2020 5:12 pm
The Kramer

I gave it like four minutes then turned on Taker v Bret at Summerslam ‘97 instead.

Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 pm
The Kramer

RIP Shad Gaspard. Cryme Time was never huge, but they had a moment. I remember them teaming up with Shaq when they feuded with Jericho and Big Show.

Does Rhea have to change the name of her finisher now?

Wed May 20, 2020 3:01 pm
Top Poster

Elite vs inner circle Is the pinnacle of this new era of cinematic wrestling. So much more fun and entertaining than the usual wrestling matches with live audiences This along with boneyard match, firefly funhouse, and WWE Headquarters match have created an industry shift that could be as influential as the Attitude Era.

Sat May 23, 2020 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Stadium Stampede was indeed amazing. A moonsault off the goal post! And that might not even be in the top 5 wildest things that happened.

Ladder match was alot of fun too. Orange Cassidy is so funny.

Cody v Archer was awesome, but I do feel like Cody winning was the wrong move. If HhH beat Keith Lee for the NA title the internet would lose their collective minds but AEW gets away with it?

Wed May 27, 2020 3:04 am
New Server, Same X

I wish I could go back but I'm sure I made the comparison that Cody would eventually become a Triple H or Jeff Jarrett and put himself over. I don't blame him at all, you don't have a large part in a company's operation while wrestling and not do anything for your own gain. Of course you will. But didn't he do a whole thing last year on one of the shows mocking Triple H?

Wed May 27, 2020 3:11 pm
New Server, Same X

Random Backlash thoughts:

-I'm curious how over (or not) Drew McIntyre would be with an audience. I wish he had remained a more angry babyface, rather than a pandering one. It took them years to book Orton properly as a face. He never worked as a panderer and I'm not sure Drew is either.

-If Lashley wins the title, I'm afraid this brings Brock back into the mix. That's Lashley's dream match. But it would be nice to see Lashley get some sort of push in WWE after the god-awful Lana mess.

-Not a fan of handicap championship matches. I don't see Braun dropping the title to Miz or Morrison, and if he beats them, it devalues them as a tag team going forward.

-Asuka vs. Nia Jax. Yawn.

Wed May 27, 2020 3:22 pm
100% That Bitch

I'm rewatching Goldberg/taker again to prepare myself for the next Last Ride episode and all I can say is....

Yikes

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed May 27, 2020 4:00 pm
Top Poster

Cody winning was the right call. Archer has already been elevated by being in this competitive match (#2 ranking this week), and it's good to have someone who's been in AEW longer be the first winner rather than someone who joined for a few months (a big problem right now with Brodie Lee, Matt Hardy. and Brian Cage also being new signees and immediately getting the top opportunities). Like Jericho, Cody elevates his opponents in his matches; and Jungle Boy will become a bigger star next week even in losing. If Archer was champ, his matches on Dynamite would be are more like Moxley's, boring squashes that doesn't elevate anybody.

Thu May 28, 2020 11:16 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Man, they're really rolling with the "B" material. RAW Women's Championship opportunity for Nia Jax. Miz and Morrison challenging Strowman for the Universal Championship in a handicap match. Trying to undo an entire two years of poor booking after his return (including, but not limited to: a tug of war match with Strowman, a string of losses after partnering with Lio Rush, a painfully long partnership with Lana), they're now pushing Bobby Lashley as a legit opponent for the WWE Championship. I like giving him and MVP more of a high-profile spot, but I'm sure it'll just result in a loss at Backlash and eventually both will be gone from WWE within a year. If WWE lets them.

I also don't get booking Edge and Orton as "The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever"?? I think both tell good stories in the ring when they're at their best. There's just no reason to put that much pressure on them. Especially since Edge has only wrestled twice in the last nine years, and neither were traditional matches that required a lot of wrestling.

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:23 pm
100% That Bitch

Io fucking did it!
after a fucking war that made her look like the queenslayer.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:31 am
The Kramer

I’m very happy for Io, she deserves it, even if she had to kill Rhea Ripley to do it.

Lee v Gargano was awesome too.

This was very close to being the very first Mehkover though. Really what saved it was the dedication to the nostalgia. The set, the replay screens, 1-900 numbers, Cole pushing the body building pills, everything was perfect in that department. Well maybe they could have had Helmet or Deftones perform instead of Code Orange, but I get that not everything can be 90s.

Major problems: Backlot brawl was awful. Ouija Shark was shot better. What was with all the cuts and absolutely hideous car lights? There were no cool spots, no unique use of the setting, NO BRONCO CHASE (why call on the backlot if not for OJ referenced???), but most importantly, if Dream was just gonna lose again, what was the point of any of this? I was 99% sure this was his moment but nope the neverending reign of Adam Cole bay bay and the rest of the too school for cool Undisputed Era continues.

I also don’t like Karrion Kross. Dude looks like Nacho from Breaking Bad ate Batista.

Damian Priest = Baron Corbin but a little better.

Tegan Knox did finally win me over tonight at least. Hopefully she stays healthy this time!!

Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:06 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

Question: Who will indict Undertaker into the Hall of Fame?

He hasn't retired, I just saw the question floating around Twitter earlier today. I think The Last Ride show also strongly suggests it's about that time.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Either Mayor Kane or Vince McMahon himself.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:26 pm
The Kramer

I think he has at least two more Mania's in him now that he can do these cinematic matches though. We need Taker v Sting to happen. Maybe they could even set it up this year by having them tag together, that way Sting can finally get a win in WWE first. :funny:

Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:29 pm
100% That Bitch

It's gotta be Kane or Vince no one else will get that.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:05 pm
The Kramer

So, before it gets topped in a few hours, what was everyone’s previous greatest wrestling match of all time?

Taking out the hardcore gimmick matches like TLC at Mania 17 (which would be my overal #1) lets go:

1. CM Punk v Brock Lesnar - Summerslam 2013
2. Bret Hart v Owen Hart - Wrestlemania 10
3. John Cena v AJ Styles - Summerslam 2016
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin v Bret Hart - Mania 13
5. Johnny Gargano v Andrade - Takeover Rumble 2018
6. Stone Cold Steve Austin v The Rock - Wrestlemania 17
7. John Cena v Daniel Bryan - Summerslam 2013

Will add more as I think of them.

*added Bret v Austin

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:37 pm
The Kramer

I had a lot of fun with The Greatest Wrestling Match of All-Time. I hope they make it a yearly event like every other gimmick match they've invented.

Drew v Lashley was real good too. Drew has been fire as champ and I'm actually highly anticipating this rematch before he moves on to Randy.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:34 pm
100% That Bitch

Taker/Michaels at WM 25.

And Orton has been fucking killing it. He's the one to slay Drew

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:43 am
New Server, Same X

Undertaker vs. HBK at WM25 definitely is my favorite match. Just the perfect timing of two legends that I watched from my childhood who still could put on a five-star classic. I remember seeing HBK throw Marty Jannetty through the glass, thus ending their partnership, and I've been watching Undertaker since about a year after his debut, so it felt really cool to see these two clash on the big stage. Not to mention the match is just awesome.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 236  Next