Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Corpse wrote:
It's Monday. You know what that means.

:tears: are we doing the Indian 12 day ritual?

Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 pm
Top Poster

The widow already denied that the lung issue had to die with COVID, though i can’t help to wonder about the supposed long-term health issues from even asymptomatic people from some who had Covid. Like what if say back in February someone had Covid unknowingly, and 6 months later all traces and antibodies would be gone, but Covid did cause hidden damage, making someone more likely to get blood clots or make other preexisting health issues worse?

I read also that drug overdose deaths have been overly high this year, and it might be more than just the lockdown effect. one of the very overreported factors for George Floyd’s death was he had a Covid-19 a month prior. Even after supposedly recovering from Covid, one’s body may not be able to breathe as well so high volume drugs and/or knees on neck that might’ve been not as lethal as life-taking for a completely healthy individual but causing death for those who previously had Covid.

Even if it absolutely has nothing to do with Covid (or fro long-term mask-wearing, which some doctors say could weaken immune systems or trigger respiratory conditions), should we be reconsidering how much did wrestling contribute to his death? He must’ve taken some violent blows near his lung areas in his matches. Or during wrestling getting ankle or leg injuries seemingly unrelated to the lungs, but those seemingly minor injuries leading to blood clots affecting the lungs.

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

So can Hollywood call Alexa Bliss already? Shes carrying RAW on her back

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:05 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's Tuesday. You know what that means.

Jack Sparrow: Brodie Lee/Luke Harper who died this past week would tweet this every day of the week. So I'm doing daily tribute for him on here this week. :thumbsup:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Alex Y. wrote:
The widow already denied that the lung issue had to die with COVID, though i can’t help to wonder about the supposed long-term health issues from even asymptomatic people from some who had Covid. Like what if say back in February someone had Covid unknowingly, and 6 months later all traces and antibodies would be gone, but Covid did cause hidden damage, making someone more likely to get blood clots or make other preexisting health issues worse?

I read also that drug overdose deaths have been overly high this year, and it might be more than just the lockdown effect. one of the very overreported factors for George Floyd’s death was he had a Covid-19 a month prior. Even after supposedly recovering from Covid, one’s body may not be able to breathe as well so high volume drugs and/or knees on neck that might’ve been not as lethal as life-taking for a completely healthy individual but causing death for those who previously had Covid.

Even if it absolutely has nothing to do with Covid (or fro long-term mask-wearing, which some doctors say could weaken immune systems or trigger respiratory conditions), should we be reconsidering how much did wrestling contribute to his death? He must’ve taken some violent blows near his lung areas in his matches. Or during wrestling getting ankle or leg injuries seemingly unrelated to the lungs, but those seemingly minor injuries leading to blood clots affecting the lungs.

I'm so torn on all this. When it was first announced, I took it at face value. Then I kept thinking... what if? Then just brushed it off. This is a grieving family, there is no reason to make this time more difficult. Then I saw people are questioning it. It's definitely possible, but maybe it's best to let this family grieve. If there is a deeper truth, it'll come out eventually.

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:34 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

Corpse wrote:
It's Tuesday. You know what that means.

Jack Sparrow: Brodie Lee/Luke Harper who died this past week would tweet this every day of the week. So I'm doing daily tribute for him on here this week. :thumbsup:

Cool. RIP Bridie Lee

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:28 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

I forgot! It's Wednesday. You know what that means. (Awesome AEW last night.)

And now... It's Thursday. You know what that means.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Very moving show last night. They did everything right and it should be remembered as on the very best Dynamites, even though we all wish that it had not needed to happen that way. Hopefully Negative One will have a great career in about a decade or so.

Rowan’s cameo especially had me :tears: .

Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:05 pm
New Server, Same X

That was a fantastic tribute show. Of course it would be the night of the Dark Order as it should be.

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:49 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

It's Friday. You know what that means.

And that concludes Brodie tribute. Also sharing this video here:

Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:07 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Will Cardi B be involved in a WresleMania match this year?

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

A week ago, I went back and watched Shinsuke Nakamura's electric Smackdown debut. Watching that back, it feels so long ago but actually isn't. It gave me so much hope last night that he had such a strong showing in the gauntlet match. WWE has fucked up so many talented people in the last five years, but he's one of the most underutilized talent ever to step in a WWE ring. And let's be honest: it's the language barrier. Vince couldn't hang a world championship on someone that can barely speak English. So why didn't they just give him a manager?

Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:31 pm
New Server, Same X

Has any NXT star in the last five years done anything when they jump to WWE? Keith Lee, Aleister Black, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, Shayna Baszler, Enzo & Big Cass, Asuka, Kairi Sane, EC3, Samoa Joe, Matt Riddle, Buddy Murphy. That's just off the top of my head of talent they've wasted after making big debuts. Only Asuka has really had any level of success, and that came after years of undoing everything she accomplished in NXT. Kevin Owens has remained mostly midcard, he's having a good run against Roman but we all know it's not going to amount to a title run.

Vince McMahon is obviously to blame. You don't have that much talent and they all fuck themselves over.

And why did they split up Peyton Royce and Billie Kay? Peyton was supposed to get this push and now she's back in a comedic tag team. And Billie is doing whatever it is she's doing on Smackdown. Same as splitting up Otis and Tucker. Otis is now in a silly team with Chad Gable.

Man, sometimes it's hard to come up with reasons to keep watching.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:40 pm
The Kramer

KO has definitely been a success IMO. Has had some really strong feuds with Cena and Jericho. Lately not so much but still.

Nak won the rumble but then lost to AJ like ten times in a row- hard to come back from. Looks like he might get face turn and a short program with Roman before Mania after his performance in the gauntlet match, but probably won’t lead to much. Joe is always injured. Zayn has kinda come around in his annoying heel character. I forgot Aleister Black existed (and he was one of my favs in NXT!) Ricochet has to be the most puzzling cause that guy looked like a lock, but now he’s a jobber.

There has been one big exception though- The Street Profits. They get tons of screen time and had a very long reign with the titles.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:42 pm
The Kramer

Actually, since the Shield, the Wyatts and Big E all left NXT before it hit the Network, I’d argue KO, the Profits and maybe Balor are the only ones who lived up to (or exceeded) expectations for the men. Oh and Drew but he was only in NxT for like 15 minutes.

1) Becky
2) Charlotte
3) Sasha
4) Bayley
5) Alexa
6) Asuka
7) KO
8) Street Profits
9) Finn Balor
10) Sami Zayn

What an odd list! 2015 Flava’d would have never believed it!

Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:54 pm
New Server, Same X

I would say once Becky, Charlotte and Sasha jumped to the main roster, that was the peak of people making it big from NXT. That would be around when I started hearing "NXT is better than Raw and Smackdown!" which, to me, means Vince would be furious if he doesn't have a direct hand in it.

Finn Balor is doing well... but he's back in NXT. That's kind of rough to get called back to where you started.

Kevin Owens has done well, but every time he seems like he's moving up a bit, it doesn't amount to anything. I thought for sure once he started using the stunner, he would take off.

The Street Profits are easily one of the very few to probably be as strong on the main roster. But considering their track record with unnecessary team splits, I'm sure they'll try splitting them up soon.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:23 pm
New Server, Same X

Holy crap... I totally forgot about the trainwreck of Legends Night on RAW. What a fucking disaster. I legit hate how they bring back "legends" (I guess Alicia Fox is a legend in her own right) this way. Meaningless backstage spots where they're randomly there, smiling and carrying on. Vince has no fucking clue how to book these guest appearances.

Look at AEW. They use Jake the Snake, Arn Anderson, Taz, Tully Blanchard and Sting properly. Why can't WWE do that? Instead the legends are relegated to these special attraction shows.

And... they built a potential star in the last eleven months, then actually ruined Drew McIntyre in about three minutes. That was atrocious. I don't care if Goldberg keeps coming back, I don't even care anymore if they want to keep killing their own talent to give Goldberg a two-month title reign. But... that promo. What exactly led to Drew being labelled disrespectful? And why would he say fighting Goldberg would be like fighting his dad? He should be the babyface and they made him into a disrespectful jackass for no reason other than to make Goldberg look good.

And of course Goldberg is winning the title. He's not booked to look like the disrespected old man and not winning the title. He'll squash Drew in a minute and a half, show up randomly until Mania, then drop the title in a two minute match.

Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:29 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

Not what you want to hear a week after Legends Night...

Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:19 pm
The Kramer

Tag team slut. :funny:

Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm
100% That Bitch

Possessed Alexa just ran thru Asuka. Why is she in the rumble when she pinned the champ clean?

Alexa has to be the favorite to win the rumble, isn't she?. She literally no sold for ASUKA.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:02 am
The Kramer

I was originally gonna pick Alexa and Daniel Bryan to win ... but why have her pin Asuka clean if that was to be the case? I now think its more likely Fiend Alexa enters Mania as champ with Charlotte winning the rumble ... again.

Goldberg returning also might mess up the should-be obvious night 2 main event of Roman v Bryan.

Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:32 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

UFC 257 (McGregor's return) on ESPN+ is experiencing errors tonight and isn't even loading for A LOT of people.

ESPN sure is going to have fun handling potentially several hundred thousand refund requests this week... And this is after they jacked the price up to $70.

What a nightmare.

Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:09 am
Profile WWW
100% That Bitch

The RKO to Alexa was fucking BRUTAL.

Also WWENetwork now a Peacock exclusive

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 235  Next