Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 235  Next
 Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW) 
The Kramer

Post Re: Wrestling (WWE, IMPACT, NXT, AEW)
Gronk has been signed by WWE. Will they have time to fit him in the card? Mojo is heel right now so they could do a quick squash match there or v Jinder.

Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:58 am
100% That Bitch

Smackdown will air from the PC down in Florida. Pretty much confirms WM to be cancelled.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:31 pm
Devil's Advocate

Well it all might be moot cause of the coronavirus anyways but...

I liked both Royal Rumble matches, but I didn’t like the winners. I know McIntyre will be turning face, but I kind of thought his race was run in terms of being a main eventer when his Wrestlemania match with Reigns was an afterthought. Brock’s elimination was amazing though. The storyline overall worked great. As for Charlotte, her vs Becky is just tired. I thought they should have made her Wrestlemania match vs the Kabuki Warriors with Natty or Naomi or something just to avoid burnout. Bayley’s title reign needs to end so maybe if they made Bazler beat her it could be Charlotte/Bazler.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:38 pm
The Kramer

Yeah Shack you can’t avoid the “wrestlemania is gonna be cancelled” spoilers. :funny:

Vince will make the announcement on Smackdown. The question is; does the event (and entire company) get delayed or do they do everything in the performance center to still get the tv and internet money?

Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:55 pm
100% That Bitch

Flava'd vs The World wrote:
Yeah Shack you can’t avoid the “wrestlemania is gonna be cancelled” spoilers. :funny:

Vince will make the announcement on Smackdown. The question is; does the event (and entire company) get delayed or do they do everything in the performance center to still get the tv and internet money?

Andddd now.... The only sports events standing are from WWE and Nascar.

At least WWE had the PC. What will AEW do?

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:35 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Mau wrote:
Smackdown will air from the PC down in Florida. Pretty much confirms WM to be cancelled.

There won't be an audience there tomorrow night, just announced. It's going to be so weird if they put on a full-length show with no audience...

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
The Kramer

AEW has a small arena in Jacksonville they will use.

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:43 pm
100% That Bitch

WrestleMania Is the only standing sports event in the next month. Is this some kind of insurance move from Vince? He has to know it's not happening so unless he has some kind of insurance money from the government shutting down the show, I have no idea why Vince wouldn't cancel it already. They are starting to get bad press from not cancelling

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:15 am
Romosexual!

VINCE IS AN IDIOT! that shit will get cancelled as well

Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 am
Don't Dream It, Be It

So far... I like this no audience episode of Smackdown. It has a more genuine feel.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Smackdown without an audience reminds me of Conan without writers during the writer's strike in 2008. It brought out something different in everyone, and I have to say I enjoyed it. I watched way more of Smackdown than normal because of it. Not sure how three hours of RAW will work.

And I will gladly watch Triple H and Cole on commentary for forever. Best pairing since Gorilla and Heenan.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:21 pm
New Server, Same X

It sucks that WWE really has no value in their world championships. I am so hyped for Orton vs. Edge and Cena vs. Bray. Cena and Bray killed it at the end of Smackdown. I wasn't sure what road they'd take with them, but having Cena call Bray Wyatt overrated and undeserving is pretty good. It's pretty accurate to how most felt about him before The Fiend. Reminds me a bit of Jericho during the mid-2000s, before he left and came back as a serious heel. Some guys work well as one character for their career. Heck, Cena is proof it's possible. But some work best re-inventing themselves.

And Bray was perfect at the end, the way he said "It's going to be a slaughter... you just don't know it yet". I wonder if that was meant to be in front of a live crowd, or if they would have done the Firefly Funhouse for him to cut the promo. Makes me wonder how it would have worked with a crowd since he's only done one appearance for a crowd as Bray Wyatt, and it was a match, not a promo.

Cancel Wrestlemania and just give me Orton vs. Edge and Cena vs. Fiend at the Performance Center.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:37 pm
New Server, Same X

Mau wrote:
WrestleMania Is the only standing sports event in the next month. Is this some kind of insurance move from Vince? He has to know it's not happening so unless he has some kind of insurance money from the government shutting down the show, I have no idea why Vince wouldn't cancel it already. They are starting to get bad press from not cancelling

Bad press from not cancelling? Vince weathered the storm of bad press over the Saudi Arabia deal. We all thought they may cancel the Saudi show after the controversy, but he didn't.

Is Vince required to cancel/postpone Wrestlemania? If it's all about press, I honestly wonder if he'll just go forward with it. They obviously aren't running Wrestlemania in the Performance Center, but it was equally obvious last night they aren't cancelling it either.

Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:41 pm
100% That Bitch

Mister Ecks wrote:
Mau wrote:

Bad press from not cancelling? Vince weathered the storm of bad press over the Saudi Arabia deal. We all thought they may cancel the Saudi show after the controversy, but he didn't.

Is Vince required to cancel/postpone Wrestlemania? If it's all about press, I honestly wonder if he'll just go forward with it. They obviously aren't running Wrestlemania in the Performance Center, but it was equally obvious last night they aren't cancelling it either.

Is Vince really gonna let WRESTLEMANIA of all things go on in a stadium with less than 10k in attendance? No one is making the flight to go see it. The ban squashes 30% of the WM crowd anyway

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:47 am
100% That Bitch

Welp, now the UK included in the ban.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:05 pm
The Kramer

I think the sensible thing to do is a MiniMania in the performance center, with the real Mania and the 6/7 headlining matches pushed to a further date.

So we'd be looking at

Owens v Rollins
Fatal four way Lucha for the US Title
Bayley v Paige's champion for Smackdown women's title
Braun v Sami for IC title
Heavy Machinery v Ziggler and Roode
New Day v Usos v Miz and Morrison

Bryan v Gulak 2?
Kabuki Warriors v …someone for Women's tag titles
Adam Cole v Velveteen Dream? Will they do Takeover?

Not bad all things considered. It's basically the Mania preshow.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:59 pm
The Kramer

Mau wrote:
Mister Ecks wrote:
Mau wrote:

Is Vince really gonna let WRESTLEMANIA of all things go on in a stadium with less than 10k in attendance? No one is making the flight to go see it. The ban squashes 30% of the WM crowd anyway
interstate travel will be banned by then too. There's no way. But when your best friend is the President you can take some time to make these decisions.

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:03 pm
100% That Bitch

WrestleMania officially moved to the performance center.

Holy fucking shit. This is.... Wow

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:34 pm
New Server, Same X

This is an insane decision. I don't honestly know how to feel about it. We are getting the biggest matches and event of the year... without an audience. I'll take RAW and Smackdown like that, but... man, I don't know about Wrestlemania. I know the timing is awful and they have storylines and matches in place. But how are you going to have Edge vs. Randy Orton without an audience?

On the plus side, Goldberg and Roman won't get booed out of the building.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:02 pm
100% That Bitch

This is turning into such an incredible wm season and in no way thanks to wwe

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:44 pm
New Server, Same X

Random RAW thoughts:

-That was a lot more rough than Smackdown.

-Undertaker half-assed his appearance, AJ called him "Mark". What the heck is going on with this feud? If they're going to go that road, have Taker come out as the American Badass. But Undertaker looked seriously pissed about being out there under those circumstances. Not sure how to feel about it. I wrote a whole post about how awful it looked, but I don't know if that's what they're going for when AJ brings up Taker's wife and calls him by his real name.

-Austin doesn't quite work without the audience. And this is now two Austin/Becky moments without an audience. Guess she won't ever get that cool moment with an audience present.

-Please bring back Triple H and Cole on commentary in these audience-less times.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:13 pm
New Server, Same X

Wrestlemania will take place over two nights, hosted by Rob Gronkowski.

I know very little about Gronkowski, not sure how this crossover will work out. Is he going to wrestle at some point? I couldn't really care less about him.

A two-night Mania adds some interesting elements. Takes away from fatigue of watching an empty arena event. And sort of gives two matches the main event spot.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:07 pm
The Kramer

Two night Mania is a great idea. You need to replace Takeover and can't have more than 50 people in place at once. They could even go 3 nights, there's nothing else on.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:15 pm
100% That Bitch

Why are they building up Paige and Bayley fued when they can't have a payoff?

Unless that little rumor is true.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:51 am
The Kramer

Mania is going to be taped this week. Shack Rules now apply to everyone - no spoilers!!!!

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5858 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183 ... 235  Next